CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 19, 2008

"Oh No!"

Those are the only words that I could vocalize last week when I found out that we are going to be without childcare for the month of January..."OH NO!!!"

Mia attends California Kids in Rocklin which is a wonderful daycare down the street from our house. Due to Dan and my untraditional work schedules, it is very difficult to use a standard daycare because our needs change every week. CA kids is a drop-in daycare that charges by the hour and is designed for parents who don't need full time daycare. It is also nice because they are open until midnight on the weekends!! The facility first opened right before Mia was born and Mia first went when she was only 10 weeks old! We love it there and Mia seems to enjoy her time there. The staff tell us all the time how much they love "Baby Mia" and how much they have enjoyed watching her grow up...so now the problem...

California Kids is moving to a new location and will still be very close to our house, but they will be closing the existing location on Christmas Eve and not opening the new location until sometime in February...YIKES!!!

So what does this mean for our family??? Thank goodness that I convinced Gram to retire, because she will be coming to stay with us for the first week in January (THANK YOU GRAM!!)
Aside from that, I am just planning on being exhausted for the remainder of the month. I am lucky that I have such flexible jobs (yes that is plural!), so I think I will be OK. I will just have to watch her a few mornings after working all night, but not on days where I would have to go back to work that night.

So if Dan and I are slow to blog, sleepy, or grumpy next month, please give us some slack, we will be doing the best we can!!!

No comments: